Custom Firearm Furniture Finishing

http://www.combloccustoms.com

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Colt / Umarex M4 Carbine .22 Tactical Rimfire AR-15



With the price of ammo still pretty high, and the realization that people still want to fire their AR type rifles, Colt and Umarex have teamed up and tapped into that market. In an effort to provide affordability without giving up the cool factor, they have produced the Colt M4 .22 Tactical Rimfire. I was skeptical when I first saw it. I sold my Ruger 10/22 not long ago. Not because it wasn't a great rifle, but because it just wasn't as fun as my AR or AK types. I even bought an MG-42 kit to dress it up, but that didn't help. The Colt / Umarex M4 Carbine in 22 long, is a different story. It has the look and feel of a Colt AR, but it's lighter and provides an inexpensive way to do a ton of plinking. We used mostly Federal, which fires really well. We also put a couple of rounds of Remington through it, but it didn't load well at first. If you like AR rifles, but don't have the cash for a bunch of .223 or 5.56, I suggest that you try one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment